Whipped this up in less than 5 minutes the other day and fell in love with the vibrant green colour.
However, I’m not too sure what to call it; a smoothie or a juice?
Because, I blended it, in a blender as opposed to juicing it. But then again, I didn’t add any of the “normal” smoothie ingredients such as yoghurt, milk, protein powder etc.
What are the benefits of making green juices?
Well first of all,drinking a vegetables is a quick and delicious way to easily get the vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
And if you make the juice in a blender, as opposed to a juicer, you’ll get the added fibre that the vegetable offers that can help with cholesterol, blood pressure and maintaining a healthy weight.
So, if you’re ever craving something on a scorching summers day, just whip this up. Your body will thank you 🙂
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!!
Lean and Green Smoothie
– 1 celery stalk
– 5cms of a cucumber
– Handful of Spinach
– 6 to 10 Strawberries
– 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter
– Handful of Ice
– Stevia to taste (optional)
– Protein Powder of choice (optional, I recommend Vanilla or Chocolate flavour)
1. Cut up all the fruits and veggies into large chunks, so they can blend properly.
2. Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add more stevia to taste.
4. Top with chia seeds and serve immediately or keep in fridge for 1-2hrs (but then shake before serving).
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (@fitandfiesty) if you try it! I’d love to see your amazing creations and I might repost a few photos.