This dish is one of my weekday go-to meals when I want something tasty and nutritious but quick to make as well.
Overall, I believe it takes less than 30 mins.. The only problem is waiting for the Brown Rice to cook. That’s why I recommend making a huge batch of rice every 3-4 days, so it just ready to go when you want it 🙂
So to the recipe;
- 1 tbsp extra light olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 500g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 packet Celebrate Health Chicken Teryaki Sauce
(just click the link to buy some- the only premade recipe bases I recommend)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- As much Stir-Fry Veggies as you’d like (I used Broccoli, Baby Corn, Green Beans, Capscium, Sliced Carrots and Snow Peas)
- Cooked Brown Rice to Serve
1. Heat oil in a wok or non-stick pan over high heat.
2. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown.
3. Add harder veggies (such as Broccoli, Corn, Carrots), recipe base and soy sauce and stir-fry 2 minutes.
4. Add softer veggies until all are cooked and chicken is cooked through.
5. Serve with Brown Rice.
For Home-made Teryaki Sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice wine
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 c Sweetener of Choice (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat and simmer until sweetener is dissolved and sauce has slightly thickened.
Enjoy! Like always, if you decide to make this, post it on Instagram and tag me in them 🙂 I’d LOVE to see your creations.