With the cold weather and rainy days moving in (in Australia, anyways), all I want is something warm and comforting..
So what better than warm, goey, chocolate brownies, straight out from the oven?
Paired with froyo or chocolate ganache, it makes for the perfect winter dessert. And I’ve sneaked in a secret “veggie” ingredient to make this dessert extra guilt free!
Adapted from: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini with excess juice drained
- 1/3 cup applesauce or yoghurt
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp water (270g)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp flaxmeal (18g)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil (115g)
- 3/4 cup cocao powder
- 1 cup coconut flour or almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup liquid sweetener of choice (150g)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate/white chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the zucchini, applesauce, water, vanilla extract and flaxmeal.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl and stir until mixed.
- Combine both the wet and dry mixtures and stir until completely mixed.
- Pour batter into baking dish and press mixture down until firmly covers the whole dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through (it can be a little goey in the middle, if that’s what you prefer).
- Wait until completely cooled before applying frosting.
- 1/8 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Canned Pumpkin or Greek Yoghurt
- Liquid Sweetener, to taste
- 1/4 c Almond Milk (may need less or more, until desired consistency)
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- Desiccated Coconut, to top
- Combine all ingredients except Coconut
- Place in fridge until brownies are cooled
- Spread on top and enjoy!
Let me know if you try it 🙂 If you tag your creations on Instagram, I’d be more than happy to feature you on here!