You know those days when you have ample amounts of time on your hands??
Yeah, me neither. 🙁
That’s why I focus on creating healthy, nutritious meals that can be made as quickly as possible.
Like these pancakes for example. No blending, processing or cutting required! Just chuck the ingredients together and cook on your stove top.
Sure, they may not be as quick as pouring yourself a bowl of cereal but, let’s face it.
Pancakes > (is better than) Cereal, any day.
Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce
– ½ c Buckwheat Flour (any other flour is fine too)
– 1 tbsp. Cacao Powder
– 1 tsp Baking Powder
– 2/3 c Almond Milk (or any other milk)
– Stevia or other sweetener, to taste
– ½ scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Balance Sports Nutrition WPI)
– 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter
– 1 tbsp. Almond Milk
– Handful of Raspberries
– Desiccated Coconut
- Combine the first 5 ingredients
- On the lowest heat setting, heat some coconut oil in a pan
- Pour about 2 tbsps. of batter into the pan and cook for about 2 mins or until bubbles form, then flip and cook for a further minute.
- Repeat until all pancake mixture is used.
- For the sauce, combine the rest of the ingredients and place in the microwave for about 10 secs, to melt the peanut butter.
- Stir until PB is completely mixed in.
- Top pancakes with Raspberries, Sauce and Desiccated Coconut.
So there you have it 🙂
Let me know what other dishes you’d like me to “healthify” and simplify in the comments below- I may dedicate a whole recipe just to you!!