I’m so sorry for taking so long to write up this recipe- things have been super hectic with the online store and all (which is now OPEN, I am happy to say). But it’s finally here.
And I hope you enjoy it! You can also find the Chocolate Brownie recipe, also shown in the pic, here. I find that these two desserts work well together, pleasing both the chocolate lovers and the …non-chocolate lovers? (yes, they exist).
Lemon and Coconut Slice Recipe
– 5 tbsp coconut oil
– 3 tbsp liquid sweetener (honey/maple syrup flavour)
– 2 cups shredded coconut
– 1 cup almond flour
– 2 egg whites
– 3 eggs + 2 egg yolks (from crust)
– 6 tbsp liquid sweetener (honey/maple syrup flavour)
– 1/3 cup lemon juice, around 2 lemons
– 1/3 cup almond flour
– 3 tbsp coconut flour
– 1 cup non fat plain greek yoghurt
– 2 tsp lemon zest + 2 tsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp vanilla casein (whey can also work here, but you may need to add coconut flour until desired consistency)
– Sweetener of choice, to taste
- Set oven to 180 degrees
- Melt coconut oil in pan then add sweetener, shredded coconut and almond flour.
- Stir until combined and remove from heat.
- Stir in two egg whites (save yolks for lemon curd).
- Firmly pack sticky mixture into 12×8 inch baking dish and bake in oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden (for crunchier base cook for longer if preferred).
- Beat eggs + 2 egg yolks until frothy in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, beat for further 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture over coconut base and bake in oven for approx 20 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Allow to cool for 10 – 15 mins before slicing up
- Mix all frosting ingredients together and top slices.
Eat what’s leftover straight from the bowl.
Enjoy! And remember, for those days when you just can’t be bothered cooking up something creative, I suggest you just warm up a Quest Bar in the microwave and serve that. They work wonders for your sweet tooth cravings.
For the cheapest Quest Bars in all of Australia, just click here.