If you’re ever having a dinner party and want to impress your guests, but don’t want to put in too much work, then this is for you!!
This meal literally takes 30mins to make, but the taste and texture rivals something you could find at a high-class restaurant.
So enjoy! The recipe is below is just for the Chicken. To make it a meal, I love adding brown rice or baked sweet potato fries, steamed vegetables or a salad.
– 4 Chicken Breasts (tenderloins removed)
– Seasonings of choice; I used Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle
– 100g Reduced Fat/Sodium Feta Cheese
– 4 large handfuls of Spinach
– 4 heaping tbsp.. Bolognese/Tomato Pasta Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
2. Cut the cheese into small cubes.
3. On another chopping board, slice the chicken breasts down the middle and open them up so they are flat (butterfly them).
4. Season both sides with preferred seasonings then place Feta Cheese and Spinach along one side of the breast and fold over with the other half, enclosing the Cheese and Spinach.
5. Using toothpicks, pierce through the sides of the chicken breast, in order to keep them closed.
6. Place in the oven and let bake for 15 mins.
7. After 15 mins, or just before the chicken is fully cooked, take the breasts out of the oven and top each with the Pasta Sauce then place back into the oven for another 5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
8. Serve and enjoy!
If you’d like a step by step video, just head to my instagram page, @fitandfiesty- I’ve posted one up there for you.
And as always, if you try it out, let me know! I’d love to see your creations.