What is Acai?
By now you must have heard of what seems to be all the rage in the Fitness World- Acai Bowls.
Acai Bowls are dishes in which the main ingredients in pureed acai berry- a fruit from the acai palm tree from the Amazon of Brazil.
The berries have a multitude of health benefits such as;
- they contain a whole heap of antioxidants that fight disease in the body by scavenging free radicals
- filled with 19 different amino acids
- rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and mono-unsaturated oleic oil (aka. beautifying oil)
- help regenerate stem cells
- great source of dietary fibre
- good source of plenty of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, phosphorous and Vitamin E.
- read more here
They also have a dark chocolate-like taste, which may have been one of the reason why they are so popular today.
Where can I buy Acai?
Right here on fitandfiesty.com !
We sell J’adore Raw, Organic Acai Powder which is freeze dried to retain the vital nutrients and flavour of the fresh berries. And it’s on sale just for you! Shh..
Okay, so how should I eat my Acai?
Any way you want!
Start off with a base that contains;
– 1 tbsp of the Acai Powder
– Frozen or Fresh fruit of any kind (I recommend Berries or Bananas)
– Almond Milk or other liquid
– Handful of Ice
You’ll have to play around to get the desired consistency. I like mine so thick you have to eat it with a spoon but of course, I understand if that’s not for everyone.
From here, you can go on to add your preferred toppings and/or other ingredients.
To add INTO the base, I recommend- Nut Butters, Protein Powder, more Fruits (Mango, Papaya), Chia Seeds, Oats.
To add ON TOP of the base, I recommend- Nuts, Cacao Nibs, Dried Fruit or more Fresh Fruit, Coconut..
The choices are practically endless.
So, now you have no excuse for NOT trying one of these amazing superfood-filled bowls. They are perfect for meals or even for snacks. Delicious and filling.
Fit and Fiesty
Please note: the featured pic for this article is from the gorgeous @agirlnamedally
If you would like your photo to be featured, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂