Yes you read right- trust me, I’m just as excited about sharing this with you, as I was about eating it!!
Honestly, my new favourite dessert.
This is perfect post-workout because it’s filled with protein and quick-digesting carbs and I don’t need to remind you why we need those after exercise, do I? (replenish glycogen stores, stimulate protein synthesis, rebuild muscle, yada-yada-yada)
Here’s what to do-
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Icecream
– 1 large Banana, frozen
– 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Balance Sports Nutrition WPI, as always)
– 2 tbsp Almond Milk (or any milk of choice)
– 1/2 Double Choc Chunk Quest Bar OR 1/4 cup Cacao Nibs, both of which you can find here
– Sprinkle of Coconut Shreds
Peanut Butter Sauce (Optional)
– 1 tbsp Chocolate Protein Powder
– 1 tbsp Almond Milk
– 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
1. In a strong blender, blend chopped banana pieces, protein powder and almond milk. It should end up in an icecream/smoothie like texture but if it’s too thick, add more almond milk.
2. Pour mixture into a bowl and freeze while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Chop up Quest bar or Cacao Nibs.
For PB Sauce
4. Microwave the Almond Milk for 10 secs. While it is still warm, stir in PB and protein powder. If it doesn’t mix well, chuck it back in the microwave for another 10 seconds or so.
5. Take Icecream Mixture out of the freezer, top with Cacao Nibs/Questbars and then drizzle with the Peanut Butter Sauce.
Sprinkle Coconut Shreds on top, just to be a little fancy.