BUTTER CHICKEN RECIPE
– 500g Chicken Breast or a Hard Tofu
– 1/2 onion, diced finely
– 1 packet Celebrate Health Butter Chicken Recipe Base
– 1 can (375g) Coconut Cream or lowfat Natural Yoghurt
– 1 tbsp each of Cumin, Garam Masala and Chilli Flakes (optional, still tastes great without)
– Brown Rice to serve
For the vegetables
– 4 cups of Broccoli, Cauliflower (cut into florets) and Brussel Sprouts (cut in half)
– 2 cloves garlic, minced or chopped finely
– Coconut Oil
1. Cut chicken or tofu into chunks and marinate using 1/4 of the recipe base for 20mins.
2. Fry the onion in some oil until fragrant and then add chicken/ tofu and fry until sealed (or tofu is slightly browned).
3. Add the rest of the recipe base and the coconut cream and leave on a slight simmer for 5-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
4. In the meantime, sauté garlic in a large pan or wok with coconut oil until fragrant.
5. Add veggies and fry for 1-2 minutes.
6. Cover the pan and let the veggies continue cooking for 3-4 more minutes.
7. Add pepper if desired.
8. Serve the veggies with Brown Rice and the Curry, steaming from the pot and enjoy!!
Hope it warms all you Aussies up! And if you live in some other part of the world, save it for a rainy day or let it cool and toss it in a salad, with the curry gravy as your dressing.