Far out; I really like cheesecake.
Like.. Really REALLY like Cheesecake.
It’s probably my favourite dessert….
And the best part, is that it’s so easy to make it healthy and you can always switch up the basic recipe to try heaps of different flavour combos so that it never gets boring!
For this recipe, I’ve provided a Vegan and Non Vegan version. In the photos provided, I used the Non Vegan version although both work extremely well 🙂
Chocolate Swirled Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Filling- Non Vegan Option:
300g Greek Yoghurt
300g Fat Free Cream Cheese
2 scoops @balancesportsnutrition Vanilla Protein Powder
OR ½ c Granulated Sweetener of Choice
1 packet Gelatin, optional
½ c Milk of Choice
2 tbsp. PB2, optional
- In a food processor, blend the nuts for the base (try not to over process it, as chunks of nuts result in a great texture). Transfer to another bowl and add in the other ingredients, until a sticky mixture forms.
- Press the base mixture into a lined cake tin and freeze while preparing the filling.
- NON VEGAN OPTION: using an electric beater, beat the Yoghurt, Cream Cheese and Protein Powder until well combined.
Heat the milk until almost boiling and whisk a Gelatin packet into the liquid, if you choose to use it. Pour into the Yoghurt/Cheese mixture along with PB2 and stir until fully mixed.
- VEGAN OPTION: Process all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the crust.
- Combine the chocolate swirl ingredients and dump a few tablespoons onto the top of the cheesecake filling. Using a knife, create a swirling pattern with the chocolate.
- Refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1-3 hours the cheesecake until solid.
Tag me in your photos if you decide to try it and don’t forget to like us over on Facebook 🙂
We post heaps of recipes there and I’d hate for you to miss out.